Know What Really Matters and Find Your Passion
What are the things that really matters to you at work? How do you define success at work? Majority of the working people confess to experience a disconnection between having a job and doing what they are really passionate about. Many of these people are experiencing irregular sleeping habits, stress, and left for years wondering what really matters in their life. Since work is not just an eight-hour interruption of the day and you spend most of waking hours on it, it is important to start finding your passion and incorporate it in your job. Whether you like it or not, you are affected by choices you make at your job. How you act at work is often the most documented record of who you are, what you stand for, and what you believe.
For you to feel what really matters it is important that you can clearly determine the how, when, and why of the discovery of finding joy, serenity, and fulfillment in life. Firstly, you must find yourself. Many people already knows what really matters to them but are clouded with daily excuses and conflicting priorities that restricts them from following their lifelong wishes.
If you want to find your passion you must let your heart and true calling guide you.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What made your greatest work experience so great?
- What made your worst experience so bad?
- What is the most important thing missing from your life right now?
- Who is most important to you?
- What lesson has served you best throughout your career?
- What message has been bouncing inside your head for the past year?
- Who influenced you the most?
The answers to these questions are the lessons you learned in your work life. Ponder on them; it will keep you always on track to your passions in life.
You never get back the time you spent to the company. Time is precious and every day you are asked to make thousand of choices that defines who you are. Finding the choices that really matter to you will help you not to waste your precious time in life. So you must choose wisely! Be aware and clear. Know and claim the choices that lead you to your passion.
The things we do at work transforms the way other people view us. Does your work reflect your true personality? Or your everyday choices at work allow you to be true to yourself? If you want to life your life to the fullest, have the courage to be true to your passion and find the job that gives you the opportunity to do it.
Follow your heart and dreams and strive on finding your passion.
When you do this, you will experience a transformational leap of knowing yourself and connection to the universe. Each person has a unique final discovery of their passion but it truly determines who you want to be.
World-renowned essayist Ralph Waldo Emerson has sum up the things that defines an individual´s success, you might find inspiration thru his words:
- To laugh often and much;
- to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
- to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
- to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others;
- to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
- to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
- This is to have succeeded.